Jennifer Telford, owner of Ho'ano, is a licensed massage therapist and certified wellness counselor/life coach. She has been creating awareness and education through her products, workshops and practice about the benefits of lymphatic based breast massage techniques to improve breast tissue health with herbal oils since 1998. Her specialities include Lymph Drainage Therapy, Manual Lymph Drainage, Lymphatic Breast Care, Support for Breast Cancer Recovery and Mastectomy Care, Support for Women with Breast Augmentation and Cosmetic Procedures for Face and Body, Foot Reflexology, Prenatal, and Therapeutic Massage. She is strongly intuitive, compassionate and nurturing; recognizing the underlying emotional needs and root issues in her clients.
Currently she has a practice in Los Angeles (2 locations) in Montrose (N. Glendale) and Woodland Hills providing services for women. See contact page for days she is available at each location. Jennifer also promotes Ho'ano Botanicals Body Care online and is available in a variety of locations which can be found on her website.
- 1998 - Present Frequent guest speaker for Women's Health Lectures by Dr. Laurie Steelsmith's, N.D., author of Natural Choices for Women's Health.
- 1999 Completed Training in Massage Therapy through American Institute of Massage Therapy in Kailua, HI.
- 2000 Licensed as a Massage Therapist in Honolulu, HI.
- 2001 - 2003 Completed three levels of training in Foot Reflexology through The Reflexology Center in Honolulu, HI.
- 2002 Completed one level of Heart Centered Therapy Mastering Dialogue Skills with Alaya Chikly through the Upledger Institute.
- 2002 - 2004 Completed three levels of training in Lymph Drainage Therapy/Lymphatic Breast Care with Dr. Bruno Chikly through the Upledger Institute.
- 2003 Trained in Breast Massage techniques through Debra Curties RMT, author of Breast Massage and director of the Sutherland Chan - School in Toronto, Canada.
- 2007 Trained in Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Massage; Level One - Self Care through the Arvigo Institute.
- 2007 Certified as a Wellness Counselor, Life Coach, and personal development consultant with Dr. Sunny Massad's Untherapy program through the Hawaii Wellness Institute in Honolulu, HI.
- 2009 Specialized massage and touch therapy training in Cancer, Post Mastectomy, Hospice, Healthy Breast Massage through Cheryl Chapman in El Paso, TX.
- 2011 BA in Psychology and Social Entrepreneurship/Business from Antioch University, Culver City, CA.
- 2011 Certified Massage Therapist in the State of California
- 2011 Certified Domestic Violence Counselor/Advocate through Sojourn, OPCC in Santa Monica, CA.
- 2014 Dr. Vodder School International Manual Lymph Drainage Basic Course Completion
- 2014 Dr. Vodder School International Certification for Advanced Face and Neck for Cosmetic Procedures and Elective Plastic Surgery
- 2015 Dr. Vodder School International Manual Lymph Drainage Level 1 Completion training allows for work in Post Op care, for procedures like Liposuction, Breast Augmentation, Tummy Tuck and Breast Cancer Recovery without Lymphedema
Personal Journey and Vision
Jennifer recognizes her personal journey in building self-esteem and cultivating healthy relationships as the emotional component to her own benign breast condition. She believes that past issues (childhood abuse, abandonement, etc) can result in negative emotional patterns and behaviors that can affect a women's self-esteem and self-worth. In addition, breast related conditions and illness may be a sign of an emotional issue that needs healing. Making positive changes that support our emotional needs by loving and nurturing ourselves may offer a preventative measure to help treat imbalances before they manifest
in the body. Her journey and message has now turned into her life's work.
Her vision is to unite women in creating a new paradigm on breast issues by offering a new model of breast care that combines healing the emotional heart and utilizing lymphatic drainage and massage techniques to encourage women to think differently in promoting breast wellness. The more we love ourselves the greater the correlation to an optimal well-being.
Click here to return to services
"Jennifer is knowledgeable about breast tissue and works her fingers deftly and skillfully over delicate
areas as she locates lymph node sites and pressure points. With a glass of
filtered water both before and after her session, I feel confident that any
accumulated toxins will experience a lymphatic drain! I could not recommend
a more skillful or sensitive massage therapist."
K. W. , HI.